Grand Tour of Wales by Train | 14 Nights
Find Your Epic’ on a fabulous fortnight on the rails in Wales, with specially chosen accommodation and the very best local guides and experiences.
With intimidating castles seemingly at every turn, framed by vast, gasp-inducing scenery alongside the cutest of pocket-size villages, Wales has every ingredient required to cook up a holiday full of adventure, discovery and relaxation. We’ve taken time and care to create this fortnight-long grand tour of Wales by train, matching journeys by national rail service with steam-hauled nostalgia, adding in private and small-group day tours, topped with comfortable nights spent in characterful accommodation. We promise this tailor-made trip will help you explore beyond the train lines, ensuring you get under the skin of this fascinating country and its culture.
- private tour/transfer from Llanrwst to Betws-y-Coed
- private return transfer to Bodnant Garden
- private tour/transfers from Swansea to the Gower Peninsula and Penally to St David’s
- transfer to and from your accommodation in Penally and St David’s.
- Private walking tours in Conwy, Crickhowell and Tenby
- boat tour from St David’s as part of a small group.
Castles, Gardens & Steam Trains of North Wales | 8 Days / 7 Nights
Eight days by rail – some steam-driven – through North Wales’ most epic landscapes.
Find your inner dragon on this week-long car-free adventure. Enter Wales via your chosen route to the classic Victorian seaside resort of Llandudno and medieval fortress of Conwy. Travel inland by rail and private transfer to Snowdonia and its slate-covered mountains. Then head west to the Afon Dwyryd estuary for three nights at the fairy-tale village of Portmeirion, gateway to the Welsh Highland Railway and imposing Caernarfon Castle.
- train travel and transfers within Wales
- private guided driving tour from Llanrwst
- private guided walking tour in Conwy
Wales in a Nutshell | 5 Days / 4 Nights
Experience the stunning scenery, vibrant people and rich cultural heritage of this beautiful country! The tour includes a range of historical and cultural visits, as well as time to relax and enjoy the country for yourself. This guaranteed scheduled departure tour departs Cardiff every Monday and allows you to explore Wales from the comfort of a luxury vehicle, with a knowledgeable guide and in small, exclusive groups to ensure a personal experience!
Small Group, Maximum 8 passengers
- Full driver-guided throughout tour in a luxury vehicle
- See the stunning Pembrokeshire peninsula, Snowdonia National Park & island of Anglesey
- Learn about the Welsh tradition of lovespoons at the Lovespoon Workshop
- Visit St. David’s Cathedral and the medieval Bishops Palace
- Explore Wales’ National Library
- Venture onto the Vale of Rheidol steam train to the mythical Devil’s Bridge
- Stop at the town with the longest name in Europe
- Visit National Slate Museum and the Bodnant Welsh Food Centre
- Enjoy a farewell dinner with the group on the last evening
Authentic Wales | 8 Days / 7 Nights
Enjoy luxurious stays and learn about the culture and everyday life of this fascinating country! World Heritages sites, rugged coast, magnificent castles and steam trains puffing through breathtaking scenery. From world-famous arts to jaw-dropping scenery. It all comes with a legendary warm welcome!
Small Group – Maximum 8 Passengers
- Cardiff (Food & Drink Safari around the city, Cardiff Castle)
- Laugharne & Tenby (Pembrokeshire Peninsula, Dylan Thomas Boathouse)
- St. Davids (Cathedral, medieval Bishops Palace ruins, Welsh Lovespoon Workshop
- Aberystwyth (Wales’ National Library)
- Devil’s Bridge (Vale of Rheidol Steam Railway, Mythical Waterfalls)
- Snowdonia (Snowdonia Mountain Railway, National Slate Museum
- Angelsey (stop at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch)
- Caernarfon (medieval Caernarfon Castle)
- St. Fagans National History Museum
- Welsh Male voice choir rehearsal